Friday, December 25, 2015

Livin' It Up... Merry Christmas!!!


Little Man woke up around 8am and was ready to rip into the stockings and presents. He was thrilled that Santa brought him a couple of items from his Christmas list. A few standouts being an Antonio Brown Jersey, a Star Wars DK Readers book of 100 scenes done in Legos, and numerous Star Wars Lego sets with the Millennium Falcon being the favorite gift (that did not come from Santa so I could get some love for that one!). Seeing how happy he was is the best gift I can be given. The smiles and jumping up and down were truly genuine reactions and I could feel the appreciation.


(So hard capturing reaction photos because he was so excited. Got his Antonio Brown jersey!)

(James Harden included!!!)

(Owns all of the Star Wars Episodes now... except 7 obviously)


It took about an hour to get through the unwrapping and it worked up quite an appetite. Since Little Man has to leave at noon on Christmas day I gave him the option of big breakfast or Christmas lunch.  He chose breakfast and said bacon was a must. I decided to make biscuits and gravy with hash browns and bacon. I had never made sausage gravy before and ended up with a failed attempt of runny gravy. Thankfully The Pioneer Woman was able to save my gravy with her recipe and it was incredibly easy and delicious. Go figure, all Little Man ate was a couple pieces of bacon and a glass of chocolate milk since he wasn't hungry.

I was exhausted after staying up late on Christmas Eve handling the stockings and placement of presents under the tree. Slept like crap too since I fall asleep on the couch every year so I don't miss his reaction to seeing the presents under the tree. The lights from the tree and garland are so bright but I keep them on for ambience and it just sets the mood but I cannot sleep with the lights on. Because I was so exhausted after making and cleaning up the breakfast and Little Man requested some time alone in his room to write a story in his new notebook I took advantage of that time to take a nap telling him to wake me when his needed alone time was over.

Santa gifted him the complete Star Wars movie set and he requested to watch Episode 3 while putting together a Lego Star Wars Snowspeeder. I loved hearing his "pew, pew, pew" as he flew it around the house.

Unfortunately our Christmas together came to an end quickly and I had to drop him off with his dad at noon. It feels like a punch in the gut saying goodbye to him.

But the day went on... I had every intention of making a Christmas dinner and was looking forward to honey glazed ham, green bean casserole, and mashed potatoes and gravy but when I pulled out the ham I noticed that Kroger gave the item the wrong label and I ended up with a turkey breast. Gah!! Not in the mood for turkey. So I looked beyond the turkey and Plan B was presented.



I ended up spending the rest of the day watching movies, listening to Vince Guaraldi's jazz classic album, A Charlie Brown Christmas, and drinking Bloody Marys.


The night ended with a lit Mistletoe scented Yankee Candle, a Lush Bath Bomb bubble bath and listened to part of Charles Dicken's book, A Christmas Carol. Somehow candles make everything better and provide such a romantic ambiance.




No comments:

Post a Comment