Thursday, December 24, 2015

Doin' Some Cookin'... Herb Crusted Pork Chops

I admit it. I have zero willpower to fully commit to losing this effin' weight I've packed on. No shit, I have packed on ten pounds every year since I got hired at my current company which is a desk job. With the weight gain has come a loss of motivation. The reason for the loss of motivation is because I feel extremely loved just the way I am. If I felt down on myself I'm sure I'd be more motivated. Word to my coworkers: Stop loving me so much! #conceited

There are days where I plan ahead... meal planning and making time for workouts.

Monday was one of those days.


I made these herb crusted pork chops for dinner with a side of roasted broccoli and potatoes. You know, a healthy well balanced meal. This dinner was also a celebration of sorts because it was my 4 year work anniversary. Little Man loved our "dinner date" (we consider it a "dinner date" anytime we light candles at the table) and he raved about how amazing this meal was. I posted a couple of photos on Facebook and had a friend request I bring leftovers to work, he too raved about it. Success!

Grown up version of Shake and Bake except... I made it and no one helped. Haha!!

Herb Crusted Pork Chops
Adapted from: Eat Yourself Skinny
Makes 4 Servings

Stars of the Show:
  • 4 boneless pork chops
  • 2 tbsp dijon mustard
  • 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • dried thyme, to taste
  • dried parsley, to taste
  • sea salt and black pepper, to taste
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
And Action:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. 

Rub mustard evenly over the pork chops. Combine panko, thyme, parlsey, salt and pepper in a large bowl and dredge pork chops in panko mixture.

Heat a large nonstick oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Add the pork chops, saute for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown.

Turn pork oven and place in the oven for about 8 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment