Friday, March 11, 2016

Doin' Some Cookin'... Superfood Salmon Salad


While reading one of my favorite blogs last weekend, Camille Styles, a recipe for a salmon salad was posted and I knew I just had to make it so I added all of the necessary ingredients to my grocery list and picked everything up during my weekly Whole Foods trip.

This salad is packed full of superfoods: avocado, salmon, garlic, kale, lemon, olive oil, blueberries, sunflower sprouts, and walnuts.

These are ingredients I would have never thought to put together and there's something about it that just works. To me, it's like a basket from Chopped. I would have been dumbfounded. The real star of this dish is the vinaigrette, it's sweet, spicy and addictive. While slicing the avocado I would take a piece and dip it in the vinaigrette. So damn good.

Ultra-healthy, flavorful, and filling... make this now. 9 superfoods. 9 superfoods!!

Superfood Salmon Salad
Adapted From: Camille Styles
Makes 2 Servings

Stars of the Show for the Salad:
  • 4 cups baby kale
  • 1 avocado, sliced
  • 1 1/2 cups sunflower sprouts
  • 1/2 cup toasted walnut halves
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 1 anjou pear, cubed
  • (2) 4 oz smoked salmon
  • sea salt and pepper, to taste
Stars of the Show for the Vinaigrette:
  • pinch of basil
  • 2 lemons, juiced
  • 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
  • 2 tsp Sriracha
  • ground ginger, to taste
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • sea salt and pepper, to taste
And Action:

Combine all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl and whisk together. 

Add kale to a bowl and drizzle half of the vinaigrette over the leaves. Massage the kale with your hands until the kale starts to soften.

Add the rest of the salad ingredients and toss to combine. Drizzle with the rest of the vinaigrette. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment