Saturday, September 27, 2014

Doin' Some Cooking... Farfalle with Roasted Red Pepper Garlic Sauce

A well stocked pantry is not something I ever have. In fact, making dinner most nights feels like an episode of Chopped. Trying to do my best Ted Allen impression here, "... open your baskets... Cap'n Crunch... canned tuna... and pickled horseradish..."

Imagine my surprise when I come across a recipe and have all of the ingredients on hand, let alone some odd ball item like, red curry paste or kale broccoli pesto. Yea, I'm a sucker for newly stocked items on the shelves of Whole Foods. 

Maybe to some roasted red peppers are a pantry staple. If I had them in my pantry of randomness I'm sure you'll have them in yours too to put together this easy weeknight dinner. 

Farfalle with Roasted Red Pepper Garlic Sauce
Makes 2 Servings


Stars of the Show:
  • 2 cups dry pasta of choice
  • 1 cup roasted red peppers, rough chopped
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic
  • pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning
  • fresh basil leaves, to taste
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
And Action:

Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta cooks, heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add roasted red peppers, garlic, and pizza seasoning. Cook until heated through then add basil leaves.

Once pasta is done cooking, drain, and serve the red pepper garlic sauce over the noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment